• in , ,

    Copa del Rey final 2018 : Barcelona vs sevilla

    Copa del Rey final 2018
    Copa del Rey final 2018 21 April 2018
    21 April 2018
    21:30 CEST
    Barcelona v Sevilla
    Stadium : Wanda Metropolitpano, Madrid

    UEFA Europa League qualification: winner will qualify for the 2018–19 UEFA Europa League Group stage

    Barcelona who are still unbeaten in Laliga this season enter the Copa del Rey final after defeating valencia in the semi-final.

    Barcelona continued their winning momentum and defeated their La Liga Rivals valencia with goals from Coutinho and Ivan Rakitic.

    Countinho
    Countinho first goal for Barcelona In Copa del Rey

    In the second leg of the copa del Rey semi-final barcelona were having advantage from their 1st leg win against valencia with the help of Luis Suarez’s goal to make sure that they maintain their perfect record in the King’s cup.

    The result extended Barca’s unbeaten run at home in the Copa del Rey to six years, having last tasted defeat against Real Madrid in 2013.

    Sevilla who are having poor run of form in La Liga enters the final with a win against CD Leganes.

    Sevilla who are currently placed 6th in the points table will face Barcelona, the only unbeaten team in the europe’s  top 5 leagues.

    Sevilla booked their spot in the 2018 Copa del Rey final courtesy of a 2-0 win over Leganes in the second leg of their semi-final at the Estadio Ramon on Wednesday night.

    Now Barcelona who are in red hot form with the likes of Luis Suarez,Lionel Messi and Phillip coutinho’s trying to emulate the MSN will face sevilla in the King’s cup final.

     

  • in , ,

    Cristiano Ronaldo promises to leave Real Madrid in £89m- Transfer News

    Lionel Messi claims that this premier League team is not good enough to win the champions League

    Ronaldo’s release clause stands at £887m – meaning the only way he could leave Madrid is at the end of his contract. However, he’s told the club that he wants his valuation to be lowered to closer to £89m so that clubs can come in for him, according to the Daily Record. Continue reading

  • in ,

    Lionel Messi claims that this premier League team is not good enough to win the champions League

    FC BARCELONA star Lionel Messi has delivered a snub to Manchester United by failing to name them among the Catalan giants’ rivals for the Champions League.




    Barcelona are among the favourites to win Europe’s biggest club competition after easing their way past a group consisting of Juventus, Olympiakos and Sporting Lisbon.

    The Catalan giants last won the prize back in 2015 under the stewardship of old boss Luis Enrique, where they beat Juventus 3-1 in the final.

    Manchester United, meanwhile, have won four of their five group games and are all but sure to be in the pot for knockout stage draw.

    But Messi has overlooked the Red Devils, instead saying that Manchester City, PSG, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid represent their hardest tests.

    “[Man] City have been one of the strongest teams so far this season together with PSG,” the Argentina international told German magazine Kicker.

    “But the season is still young; I would never discount Real Madrid because of their class and experience, even though they aren’t picking up the expected results at the moment.

    “Nor Bayern Munich – Bayern are the other big team that will be ready come the end of the season.”

    Messi knows plenty about United having faced them on several occasions throughout his career.

    The 30-year-old was part of the side that missed out on a place in the Champions League final back in 2008, where the Red Devils prevailed courtesy of Paul Scholes’ stunning strike.



    However, he got revenge by firing them past United in finals in 2009 and 2011.

    Messi was also part of the Barcelona side that faced Jose Mourinho’s men in pre-season.

    But Neymar was the matchwinner on that occasion, with the Brazilian then going on to join PSG mere weeks later.

     

  • in

    Match betweeen Barcelona-Las palmas at empty camp Nou made Global impact on the internet

    Media from around the world reported FC Barcelona’s gesture to play the game against Las Palmas behind closed doors

    Minutes before the game between Barça and Las Palmas this Sunday the president of FC Barcelona, Josep Maria Bartomeu, explained the reasons for which the decision to play the game without spectators had been taken: “We did it to highlight the lack of freedom we are experiencing in Catalonia. It’s an image for the entire world.”

    Press from around the world reported the decision on Monday. Paper and digital versions from all continents and all types of media highlighted the image of an empty Camp Nou with the game being played: The Guardian, New York Times, Al Jazeera, Die Welt, La Repubblica, Le Monde, The Telegraph and Globoesporte are just a few of the examples. More than 300 news stories have been counted amongst the leading press outlets around the world, all talking about the initiative carried out by FC Barcelona.

    The sight of an empty stadium caused an impression around the world from the very first moment that it was announced that the game would be played in front of an empty stadium. During the two hours of the game, Google searches for the term ‘Camp Nou’ increased by 1,300% with regards to the hours leading up to the game.

    In the majority of cases the searches were linked to the word ‘empty’ in various languages, in order to find out why FC Barcelona had taken this decision.

    Also on Twitter, the name of the stadium became a trending topic around the world, only being beaten by the hashtag #CatalanReferendum.

    Google searches for the term ‘Camp Nou’ increased by 1,300% with regards to the hours leading up to the game

  • in

    Chelsea striker Álvaro Morata facing up to six weeks out with hamstring injury

    Chelsea have been dealt a blow after the Spanish Football Federation said Álvaro Morata had sustained a myofascial injury to his hamstring muscles, an injury which could keep the forward out for more than a month.

    Morata, who has scored six goals in seven Premier League games for his new club, pulled up 10 minutes before half‑time in the 1-0 defeat by Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, complaining of discomfort in his left thigh.

    Antonio Conte suggested Morata’s withdrawal had been precautionary and an attempt to ensure he did not sustain a more serious complaint. He added post‑match that he envisaged Morata pulling out of the Spain squad in order to undergo treatment at Cobham.

    Spain conducted their own tests on the 24-year-old on Sunday at the Sanitas University hospital of La Moraleja in Madrid, where a scan apparently revealed the myofascial injury. That implies the damage has not been sustained to the tendon or any ligaments but to the area immediately around the muscle, with recovery time usually between four to six weeks.

  • in

    Huge Blow for United- Lukaku suffers Ankle injury

    MANCHESTER UNITED striker Romelu Lukaku sat out of Belgium training today because of an ankle injury.

     

    The Red Devils hitman is being checked over by doctors to see if he will be fit for clashes against Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as Cyprus.

    Journalist Rob Dawson posted the news on social media regarding the United forward.

    He tweeted: “Romelu Lukaku joined up with the Belgium squad this afternoon but didn’t train because of an ankle problem.

    “Being checked over by doctors.”

    The Belgian recorded his seventh top flight goal against Crystal Palace on Saturday.

    That puts him one goal ahead of Harry Kane, Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Morata in the race for the Golden Boot.

    United will be hoping Lukaku’s ankle problem is nothing serious though with a series of tough matches on the horizon in several competitions.

     

    After the international break Jose Mourinho takes his side to arch rivals Liverpool.

    Following that United travel to Portugal to face Benfica in the Champions League.

    The Red Devils are currenty second in the Premier League with Manchester City ahead of them just on goal difference.

  • in

    Lionel Messi had heated conversation with valverdé over Luis Suarez

    LIONEL MESSI has reportedly come to blows with Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde over Luis Suarez

    Despite Barcelona sitting four points clear of Atletico Madrid at the top of La Liga, Luiz Suarez has found the net just twice.

    His two goals in seven appearances in all competitions has raised caused Valverde some concern.

    Having sold Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, Valverde is counting on Suarez to deliver the goods this term.

    Spanish publication Diario Gol claim there are suggestions Suarez has become overweight and that is why he has appeared slower in matches and struggled to find the net.

    With Valverde losing patience over the 30-year-old, Lionel Messi has intervened to ensure his close pal does not come under scrutiny.

    Diario Gol claim Messi and Valverde have argued over Suarez with the Argentine calling for his manager to support the striker during his dry spell in front of goal.

    Messi has tried to convince Valverde that Suarez will return to his best form – the Uruguay international netted 37 goals for club and country last term.

    However, Suarez will need to maintain his professionalism if he is to ensure he doesn’t end up in Valverde’s bad books.

    Suarez reacted angrily when he was taken off late on by Valverde and replaced by Aleix Vidal in Barca’s 1-0 win over Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League on Wednesday night

    And Barcelona boss Valverde has revealed why he made the change, which caused Suarez to react angrily on the away bench.

    “It was silly, the match was too close, there was no other reason for the change,” he said.

  • in

    Cristiano Ronaldo ‘demands same salary as Lionel Messi’ – but Real Madrid are holding firm

    Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly demanded to be paid the same wage as Lionel Messi – but Real Madrid are holding firm.

     Ronaldo apparently feels underpaid following the huge outlays both in transfer fees and wages for the likes of Kylian Mbappe and Neymar this season.

    Messi has agreed new terms with Barca that will see his pay packet increase, and Ronaldo wants parity, but Los Blancos are so far not budging, according to Spanish outlet Marca

    The Argentine is understood to agree €25million net, the same amount as former Barcelona teammate Neymar.

    Isco and Marco Asensio have recently penned fresh terms at the Bernabeu, but Ronaldo is unlikely to follow anytime soon.

    His current deal runs out in the summer of 2021 when the Portuguese will be 36 and will have spent 12 seasons in the Spanish capital.

  • in

    MBAPPE WARNS REAL MADRID AND BARCELONA: ‘THE STORY IS ONLY JUST BEGINNING!’

    The young attacker warned there is more to come from Ligue 1 after sweeping aside Bayern Munich 3-0 on Wednesday.

    Teenage sensation Kylian Mbappe has a message for Europe following Paris Saint-Germain’s resounding Champions League victory against Bayern Munich: PSG is just getting started.

    Mbappe, Neymar and Edinson Cavani starred as PSG laid down a marker with a 3-0 win over the reigning Bundesliga champions in Paris on Wednesday.

    Cavani and €222 million arrival Neymar were on target after Dani Alves opened the scoring inside two minutes but 18-year-old Mbappe stole the show with his dazzling display against the Germans.

    Mbappe — on an initial loan deal from French champions Monaco — teed up Cavani just past the half-hour mark before terrorising David Alaba as Neymar netted PSG’s third in the second half.

    “The story is only just beginning,” Mbappe told Canal+.

    “We knew in our hearts that we had to put in a great performance against a great team. We did that.

    “Expectations were high, which is normal after a summer transfer window like ours. It was a complete performance and now we move on to the next match on Saturday. We are here to win every game.”

    PSG star Marco Verratti was impressed with his team-mate’s performance, adding: “Kylian is an exceptional player. He is 18 years old. Being decisive at 18 years like this, it does not happen to many players.

    “We try to help as much as possible. Outside the field, he is very humble, he wants to improve a lot. We are really happy for him because these are matches that give him confidence. He is a very important player we are lucky to have here in Paris.”

    As for captain Thiago Silva, he told Canal+: “Are we stronger this year? Each year, we progress a bit. With Kylian and Neymar’s arrivals, we have gone up another notch. The other teams will respect us a little more. Now, we must keep on working.”

  • in ,

    Real Madrid planning swap deal for Dele Alli?

    The Mill is only one of an assortment of hacks weeping salt tears at the news that Diego Costa’s £57m move to Atlético Madrid is finally done, bringing the curtain down on one of the great interminable transfer sagas of our age. Chelsea will look to swiftly move on from Costa’s departure by tying Eden Hazard to an eye-watering £300,000-per-week deal.

    Should their long-term target stay at Stamford Bridge, Real Madrid suits will hop on the London Overground to Tottenhamand try to prise Dele Alli away with a swap deal involving fringe player Mateo Kovacic and, presumably, several bags of cash. Real Madrid also like the cut of US tyro Christian Pulisic’s jib – whatever Alexi Lalas may say – and have the Dortmund winger next on their wish-list.

    Staying with Europe’s bright young things, Monaco midfielder Youri Tielemans has explained he didn’t fancy a move to Arsenalbecause of concerns about game time. “I had to be honest with myself and take a look at the midfielders Arsenal have got,” Tielemans said, as Francis Coquelin and Granit Xhaka ran directly into each other behind him. Arsenal are tracking another wonderkid – MK Dons’ 16-year-old striker Dylan Asonganyi, who is also wanted by Manchester United.

  • in

    Neymar apologizes to Cavani after their on field burst-up

    During Paris Saint-Germain’s win against Lyon on Sunday, an altercation between the two superstars broke out after Cavani took the ball away from Neymar for a penalty.

    Neymar and Cavani during Training session

    The fallout has dominated sport for the past few days, with both players engaged in a heated battle over set piece duty.

    However, all is well now in the PSG camp after Neymar reportedly buried the hatchet with the Uruguayan.

    French publication L’equipe reported that the ex-Barcelona forward met with his teammate and both settled their differences.

    Neymar was said to have regretted his attitude in the dressing room afterwards and has also apologised to the entire squad.

    It is welcome news for PSG boss Unai Emery, as a rift in the squad would have greatly damaged the team’s chances of lifting silverware this season.

    And after going trophy-less last year, the ex-Sevilla coach is already treading eggshells.

    With all problems settled, the attacking trident that is Neymar, Cavani and Kylian Mbappe is back in full swing.

  • in

    Confirmed : Chelsea agree to sell Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid

    Respected Spanish radio station COPE claimed last night that a deal – worth an initial £48.4m, plus £8.8m in add-ons – has been agreed with the Blues and that Costa will be in Madrid by the weekend.

    The two clubs have been in talks for several weeks over the 28-year-old Spain striker, who has made it clear he wants to rejoin Atletico.

    Costa, who left the Spanish capital for Stamford Bridge in a £32m deal three years ago, has been AWOL in Brazil since mid-July and has refused Chelsea’s demands to return to training.

    While Atletico are unable to register him officially until the transfer window reopens in January due to a FIFA ban, they want to buy Costa as soon as possible so he can start training properly again.

    He last played a competitive fixture in June and has been doing basic drills on his own in Brazil for the last couple of months.

    Chelsea have always been willing to sell Costa, with coach Antonio Conte informing him back in January that he would not be part of the squad this season. However, the club have maintained they would not sell the forward, who scored 52 League goals in three seasons, on the cheap, despite Costa putting them under pressure to do so with his off-field behaviour.

    Atletico originally offered £25m in the summer and then £41m before the deadline shut last month but an agreement never materialised.

Load More
Congratulations. You've reached the end of the internet.